A mob is a residing, shifting sport entity. The time period “mob” is brief for “cellular”. All mobs may be attacked and damage (from falling, attacked by player or one other mob, falling into the void, and so forth.) and a few of them can drown or burn. Several types of mobs typically have distinctive AI and loot.
Mobs spawn in varied methods. Most mobs spawn naturally, relying on their light level, habitat, and their environment, for instance, most animals are present in brighter, exterior areas while hostile monsters are generally discovered at nighttime (whether or not if it’s a cave, dungeon, mansion or at night time). These mobs normally spawn upon chunk technology. Most animals together with these which can be passive, impartial, and even hoglins have the power to be bred by the player, creating offspring. Villagers additionally breed randomly relying on the time and the variety of beds (although they will’t be bred by the player). Mobs by no means spawn on transparent blocks, in water (besides fish, dolphins, turtles, and different aquatic creatures), in lava (aside from striders), on bedrock, or on blocks lower than a full block tall (resembling slabs positioned on the underside half). The exception is monster spawners, from which they will spawn naturally on any block together with air.
Some mobs (just like the snow golem, and the wither) require that the player must “assemble” them earlier than with the ability to spawn. The iron golem can spawn naturally and will also be constructed. The ender dragon may be respawned with 4 finish crystals.
Many mobs despawn (stop to exist) after a sure period of time if far sufficient from the participant. In Java Edition, most passive mobs don’t despawn, whereas most hostiles do. In Bedrock Edition, virtually all passive or hostile mobs despawn.
Mobs are affected by the setting in the identical methods because the participant: they’re topic to physics, and they are often hurt by the identical issues that hurt the participant (catching on fireplace, falling, drowning, attacked by weapons, /kill, and so forth.). Some mobs could also be resistant or resistant to sure hazards, resembling Nether mobs, that are immune to fireplace. Mobs like cod, salmon, tropical fish, pufferfish, drowned, guardian, elder guardian can’t be drowned. Mobs can journey minecarts and different mobs can climb up ladders. When mobs are killed, they flip to dust and drop gadgets which may be helpful assets. Every sort of mob in Minecraft has a sure AI (Synthetic Intelligence) system with completely different behaviors and mechanics. Mobs ordinarily wander round at random if there’s a participant close by and normally keep away from strolling off blocks excessive sufficient to trigger falling harm. Many mobs have a sophisticated pathfinding system that enables them to navigate via obstacles to get to a desired object or vacation spot. Passive mobs flee in random instructions after being damage, whereas hostile mobs face and chase/assault the player as quickly because the participant comes shut. Neutral mobs stay impartial till a participant or mob provokes it (normally by attacking), at which level the impartial mob turns into hostile towards and assault the entity that hit it. Most mobs are conscious of gamers inside 16 blocks of them, however some can see farther. Conversely, most mobs may be heard by gamers as much as 16 blocks (spherical) away.
Most mobs can not see via most stable blocks, together with semi-transparent blocks resembling ice, glass, tall grass, or glass panes. Mobs don’t try to stroll on rail tracks until pushed on by different mobs.
Checklist of mobs
Mobs are listed and labeled by their nature from the participant’s perspective. For extra particulars on a specific mob, click on and look at their particular person web page.
Passive mobs are innocent mobs that don’t assault the participant, even when provoked or attacked. Most of them are breedable and/or tameable.
Impartial mobs are typically passive and typically hostile towards the participant. Many impartial mobs develop into hostile solely when attacked first, however different impartial mobs produce other methods of being provoked. Some could also be naturally hostile with provocation.
- ↑ abcd All close by mobs of the identical sort develop into hostile when a single one is provoked.
- ↑ Along with attacking when provoked, bees develop into aggravated when a close-by beehive is damaged. Bees who declare a beehive develop into indignant when honey is harvested until a campfire is positioned beneath the beehive. A bee can sting the participant solely as soon as, and ceases to assault thereafter though the bee’s hostile texture stays. As well as, they develop into passive after a short while.
- ↑ ab This mob is of course hostile when in a light-weight stage 7 or decrease; which means they’re naturally hostile each time they spawn. They develop into impartial when in a light-weight stage greater than 7, though they proceed attacking any gamers they have been attacking earlier than being on this mild stage.
- ↑ abcde This mob is topic to developments by Monster Hunter, Monsters Hunted.[JE only]
- ↑ Along with attacking when provoked, endermen develop into hostile when their head is being checked out.
- ↑ Along with attacking when provoked, iron golems assault gamers with low village popularity.
- ↑ This mob turns into impartial after attacking the participant a single time.
- ↑ Piglins are naturally hostile, but when the participant is sporting at the least one piece of gold armor, then the piglin turns into impartial. In its impartial state, if one piglin or piglin brute is attacked, or if the participant opens or breaks these containers or breaks these golden blocks, all close by piglins develop into hostile, even when the participant is sporting gold armor.
- ↑ Most panda personalities assault the participant as soon as. Aggressive pandas assault extra equally to a hostile mob when provoked.
- ↑ Like all mobs, grownup polar bears are passive on Peaceable issue. When the participant is close to a cub, the mum or dad polar bear turns into hostile towards the participant, though it seldom occurs in Straightforward issue. When a cub is attacked, close by polar bears develop into hostile towards the attacker.
Hostile mobs are harmful, aggressive mobs that all the time assault the participant on sight.
- ↑ ab Solely the driving mob of the pair is hostile. The mount stays passive after its rider is killed.
- ↑ Turns into passive when not touching water throughout daytime.
- ↑ If a child hoglin is attacked by the participant, it quickly turns into impartial, fleeing the participant after getting attacked.
- ↑ If a pillager breaks its crossbow, then it turns into passive.[JE only]
- ↑ The skeleton variant is all the time hostile, whereas the spider follows its regular guidelines.
Boss mobs are particular hostile mobs which can be distinctly extra harmful and harder than different mobs. They don’t spawn randomly, and are confronted deliberately. Additionally they have a boss bar that includes their identify and well being. Boss mobs present distinctive challenges but additionally equal rewards. Some gamers additionally take into account elder guardians and ravagers as bosses, although they do not have a bar.
Upcoming mobs are new mobs which can be current solely in development versions for an upcoming model. This excludes mobs that have been introduced (confirmed) to be added however but didn’t seem in growth variations. For introduced mobs see Planned versions and for doable future mobs see Mentioned features.
Solely comprises a number of mobs that by no means spawn naturally in-game as they will solely be summoned with the /summon command although the zombie horse will also be spawned in with a spawn egg.
Eliminated mobs not exist in present variations of the sport.
Mobs that have been added as a joke for April Fools’ Day in Java Edition.
Talked about mobs
These mobs both misplaced the votes and have been mentioned to be added in a future replace (excluding mooblooms and Iceologers), or have been introduced however are usually not in any growth variations of minecraft.
See additionally: Java Edition Mentioned features
Forgotten mobs that have been deliberate to be added however both acquired changed by different mobs or scrapped.
Schooling Version unique mobs
These mobs are unique to Education Edition.
In two of the annual Minecraft occasions (MINECON Earth 2017 and Minecraft Live 2020) or different events, typically a vote is made wherein the general public votes on the mob that shall be added, with the primary vote the phantom (then generally known as ‘Mob B’ or ‘The Monster of the Evening Skies’), gained and was added, the second time the glow squid gained and is pending to be added.
Weaknesses and immunities
Some mobs are weak or resistant to sure varieties of injury. Sea creatures, resembling turtles, take extra harm from tridents which can be enchanted with Impaling.[Java Edition only][until JE Combat Tests]Skeletons and their variants are resistant to drowning. All undead mobs are healed by Potions of Harming, however take further harm from weapons enchanted with Smite, together with taking harm from Potions of Therapeutic. Many of those weaknesses and immunities are a results of what class (see beneath) of mobs that the mob falls into.
This group of mobs consists of drowned, husks, phantoms, skeletons, skeleton horses, strays, withers, wither skeletons, zoglins, zombies, zombie horses, zombie villagers, and zombified piglins. These mobs are broken by potions of Therapeutic, healed by potions of Harming, and are resistant to drowning (aside from husks and zombies) and poison harm. Zombies, zombie villagers, drowned, skeletons, strays, and phantoms burn when underneath direct daylight, until they’re touching water or sporting a helmet. Underneath the fire resistance impact, undead mobs nonetheless catch fireplace in direct daylight however don’t take harm. All undead mobs aside from drowned, phantom, and wither sink in water. All undead mobs take further harm from weapons enchanted with Smite, and are ignored by withers.
This group of mobs consists of axolotls, dolphins, squid, guardians, elder guardians, turtles, cod, salmon, pufferfish, and tropical fish, however not drowned. They take further harm from tridents enchanted with Impaling,[Java Edition only][until JE Combat Tests] and don’t trigger pufferfish to inflate nor take harm from them. All water mobs besides dolphins are resistant to drowning, and all besides guardians, elder guardians, and turtles take suffocation harm if out of water for too lengthy. Water mobs have the power to swim, whereas different mobs merely float on water or sink.
This group consists of mobs primarily based on arthropods, specifically bees, cave spiders, endermites, silverfish, and spiders. They take further harm and obtain the Slowness IV impact when attacked with weapons enchanted with Bane of Arthropods. Each forms of spider are resistant to the consequences of poison. Silverfish infest infested blocks.
This group consists of pillagers, illusioners, evokers, vindicators, and ravagers. They’re resistant to evoker fangs damage and ignored by vindicators named “Johnny”. They’re hostile to villagers, wandering traders, iron golems and players. Witches, and vexes might accompany them in raids. Illusioners (and witches[Bedrock Edition only]) can see gamers or targets via blocks. Vindicators named “Johnny” assault ravagers, as they don’t seem to be illagers[Java Edition only].
Some non-boss mobs resist a proportion of knockback from assaults.
- Iron golems: 100%
- Shulkers: 100%
- Squid: 85% when out of water[verify]
- Ravagers: 75%
- Hoglins and zoglins: 60%
- Drowned, Husks, Zombies, Zombie Villagers, Zombified Piglins: 0–5% (decided upon spawning)
Harm dealt by hostile and impartial mobs
- This is applicable solely to mobs attacking the participant. Mobs attacking different mobs all the time deal the ‘Regular’ harm listed, no matter issue.
- Values for the creeper and ghast assume the participant is immediately adjoining to the explosion.
- The harm of slimes and magma cubes relies on their measurement. Tiny-sized slimes, whereas hostile, are unable to do harm immediately.
- Mobs deal no harm on peaceable, other than wolves[BE only] and llamas.
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Precise necessities (if completely different)||Gamerscore earned||Trophy sort (PS)|
|Monster Hunter||Assault and kill a monster.||Kill a hostile mob or one of many following impartial mobs: an enderman, a zombified piglin, a spider, or a cave spider.||15G||Bronze|
|Cow Tipper||Harvest some leather.||Decide up leather from the bottom.||15G||Bronze|
|When Pigs Fly||Use a saddle to journey a pig, after which have the pig get damage from fall harm whereas driving it.||Be driving a pig (e.g. utilizing a saddle) when it hits the bottom with a fall distance higher than 5.||40G||Silver|
|Sniper Duel||Kill a Skeleton with an arrow from greater than 50 meters.||Use a launched arrow to kill a skeleton, wither skeleton, or a stray from 50 or extra blocks away, horizontally.||30G||Bronze|
|Return to Sender||Destroy a Ghast with a fireball.||Kill a ghast utilizing a ghast fireball.||30G||Silver|
|The Starting?||Spawn the Wither||Be inside a 100.9×100.9×103.5 cuboid centered on the Wither when it’s spawned.||20G||Bronze|
|The Starting.||Kill the Wither||Be inside a 100.9×100.9×203.5 cuboid centered on the Wither when it drops the nether star.||40G||Silver|
|Repopulation||Breed two cows with wheat.||Breed two cows or two mooshrooms.||15G||Bronze|
|Chief Of The Pack||Befriend 5 Wolves.||This doesn’t should be in a single sport, so a number of video games or reloading outdated saves does rely towards this achievement.||20G||Bronze|
|Have a Shearful Day||Use Shears to acquire wool from a sheep.||—||15G||Bronze|
|Physique Guard||Create an Iron Golem||—||20G||Bronze|
|Zombie Physician||Remedy a zombie villager.||Throw a splash potion of weak spot at a zombie villager and provides it a golden apple (by going through the zombie and urgent the use key with a golden apple in your hand)||40G||Gold|
|Archer||Kill a creeper with arrows.||—||10G||Bronze|
|The Deep Finish||Defeat an Elder Guardian||—||30G||Silver|
|The Finish… Once more…||Respawn the Enderdragon[sic]||—||30G||Silver|
|Nice View From Up Right here||Levitate up 50 blocks from the assaults of a Shulker||—||20G||Bronze|
|Echolocation||Feed a dolphin fish to have it lead you to treasure||Feed a dolphin uncooked cod and have it lure you to treasure.||20G||Silver|
|The place Have You Been?||Obtain a present from a tamed cat within the morning.||The present should be picked up from the bottom.||20G||Bronze|
|Zoologist||Breed two pandas with bamboo.||—||40G||Gold|
|Plethora of Cats||Befriend twenty stray cats.||Befriend and tame twenty stray cats present in villages. They don’t all should be tamed in a single world.||20G||Silver|
|Kill the Beast!||Defeat a Ravager.||—||30G||Silver|
|I’ve acquired a nasty feeling about this||Kill a Pillager Captain.||—||20G||Bronze|
|Bee our visitor||Use a Campfire to gather Honey from a Beehive utilizing a Bottle with out aggravating the bees.||—||15G||Bronze|
|Complete Beelocation||Transfer and place a Bee Nest, with 3 bees inside, utilizing Silk Touch.||—||30G||Silver|
|Oooh, shiny!||Distract a Piglin utilizing gold.||Give a piglin a gold merchandise whereas it’s aggressive towards the participant.||30G||Silver|
Developments are made when a participant accomplishes one thing that’s both uncommon to perform or typically straightforward to take action (resembling Adventure for killing or getting killed by an entity).
|Icon||Advancement||In-game description||Dad or mum||Precise necessities (if completely different)||Namespaced ID|
||Weaken after which treatment a Zombie Villager||We Have to Go Deeper||Throw a splash potion of Weakness at a zombie villager, feed it a golden apple, and watch for it to be cured.||story/cure_zombie_villager|
||Return to Sender
||Destroy a Ghast with a fireball||Nether||Kill a ghast utilizing a ghast fireball.||nether/return_to_sender|
||Distract Piglins with gold||Nether||Give a piglin one of those 22 gold-related gadgets within the #piglin_loved entity tag.[note 1] whereas not sporting any golden armor. If this development is tried whereas the participant is sporting golden armor however piglin(s) are nonetheless aggressive towards them, the development doesn’t set off. Different gold-related gadgets, if any, could also be used, however are ignored for this development and by the piglin.||nether/distract_piglin|
||This Boat Has Legs
||Experience a Strider with a Warped Fungus on a Stick||Nether||Enhance a strider with a warped fungus on a stick.||nether/ride_strider|
||Rescue a Ghast from the Nether, convey it safely house to the Overworld… after which kill it||Return to Sender||Kill a ghast whereas within the Overworld.||nether/uneasy_alliance|
||Spooky Scary Skeleton
||Receive a Wither Skeleton’s cranium||A Horrible Fortress||Have a wither skeleton skull in your stock.||nether/get_wither_skull|
||Relieve a Blaze of its rod||A Horrible Fortress||Have a blaze rod in your stock.||nether/obtain_blaze_rod|
||Summon the Wither||Spooky Scary Skeleton||—||nether/summon_wither|
||How Did We Get Right here?
||Have each impact utilized on the similar time||A Livid Cocktail||Have all of those 26 results[note 2] utilized to the participant on the similar time. Beacon results additionally rely for the needs of this development. Different status effects, if any, could also be utilized to the participant, however are ignored for this development.
Word: This can be a hidden development, which means that it may be considered by the participant solely after finishing it.
||Free the Finish
||Good luck||The Finish||Kill the ender dragon.||finish/kill_dragon|
||The Finish… Once more…
||Respawn the Ender Dragon||Free the Finish||Summon an ender dragon utilizing end crystals.||finish/respawn_dragon|
||You Want a Mint
||Gather dragon’s breath in a glass bottle||Free the Finish||Have a bottle of dragon’s breath in your stock.||finish/dragon_breath|
||Nice View From Up Right here
||Levitate up 50 blocks from the assaults of a Shulker||The Metropolis on the Finish of the Sport||Transfer a distance of fifty blocks with the Levitation impact utilized.||finish/levitate|
||Journey, exploration, and fight||—||Kill any entity, or be killed by any entity.||journey/root|
||Kill any hostile monster||Journey||Kill one of those 34 mobs.[note 3] Different mobs, if any, could also be killed, however are ignored for this development.||journey/kill_a_mob|
||What a Deal!
||Efficiently commerce with a Villager||Journey||Take an merchandise from a villager or wandering dealer’s buying and selling output slot, and put it in your stock.||journey/commerce|
||Kill certainly one of each hostile monster||Monster Hunter||Kill every of those 34 mobs.[note 3] Different mobs, if any, could also be killed, however are ignored for this development.||journey/kill_all_mobs|
||Summon an Iron Golem to assist defend a village||What a Deal!||Summon an iron golem.||journey/summon_iron_golem|
||Who’s the Pillager Now?
||Give a Pillager a style of their very own medication||Ol’ Betsy||Kill a pillager with a crossbow.||journey/whos_the_pillager_now|
||Kill 5 distinctive mobs with one crossbow shot||Ol’ Betsy||Word: This can be a hidden development, which means that it may be considered by the participant solely after finishing it.||journey/arbalistic|
||Kill a Skeleton from at the least 50 meters away||Take Purpose||Kill a skeleton with a projectile whereas being at the least 50 blocks away horizontally.||journey/sniper_duel|
||Bee Our Visitor
||Use a Campfire to gather Honey from a Beehive utilizing a Bottle with out aggravating the bees||Husbandry||Use a bottle on a beehive or bee nest whereas not angering the bees inside.||husbandry/safely_harvest_honey|
||The Parrots and the Bats
||Breed two animals collectively||Husbandry||—||husbandry/breed_an_animal|
||Greatest Buddies Endlessly
||Tame an animal||Husbandry||—||husbandry/tame_an_animal|
||Transfer a Bee Nest, with 3 bees inside, utilizing Silk Touch||Husbandry||—||husbandry/silk_touch_nest|
||Two by Two
||Breed all of the animals!||The Parrots and the Bats||Breed pairs of every of those 19 mobs.[note 4] A trader llama doesn’t rely as a llama, and a mule should be the results of breeding a horse and a donkey for this development as they don’t seem to be breed-able collectively. Different breed-able mobs, if any, may be bred, however are ignored for this development.||husbandry/bred_all_animals|
- ↑ Bell, Block of Gold, Clock, Enchanted Golden Apple, Gilded Blackstone, Glistering Melon Slice, Gold Ingot, Gold Ore, Golden Apple, Golden Axe, Golden Boots, Golden Carrot, Golden Chestplate, Golden Helmet, Golden Hoe, Golden Horse Armor, Golden Leggings, Golden Pickaxe, Golden Shovel, Golden Sword, Gentle Weighted Stress Plate, Nether Gold Ore
- ↑ Absorption, Unhealthy Omen, Blindness, Conduit Energy, Dolphin’s Grace, Fireplace Resistance, Glowing, Haste, Hero of the Village, Starvation, Invisibility, Soar Enhance, Levitation, Mining Fatigue, Nausea, Evening Imaginative and prescient, Poison, Regeneration, Resistance, Gradual Falling, Slowness, Velocity, Energy, Water Respiratory, Weak spot, Wither
- ↑ ab Blaze, Cave Spider, Creeper, Drowned, Elder Guardian, Ender Dragon, Enderman, Endermite, Evoker, Ghast, Guardian, Hoglin, Husk, Magma Dice, Phantom, Piglin, Piglin Brute, Pillager, Ravager, Shulker, Silverfish, Skeleton, Slime, Spider, Stray, Vex, Vindicator, Witch, Wither, Wither Skeleton, Zoglin, Zombie, Zombie Villager, Zombified Piglin
- ↑ Bee, Cat, Rooster, Cow, Donkey, Fox, Hoglin, Horse, Llama, Mooshroom, Mule, Ocelot, Panda, Pig, Rabbit, Sheep, Strider, Turtle, Wolf
For points distinctive to particular mobs, see that mob’s points part.
- Renaming a mob “Dinnerbone” or “Grumm” utilizing a spawn egg or name tag causes it to flip the other way up.
- Renaming a sheep “jeb_” makes its wool change shade with a clean transition between colours. Word that the sheep named “jeb_” drops solely the colour of wool it had when named (e.g., when a pink sheep is known as “jeb_” after which sheared when its shade has modified to blue, it nonetheless drops pink wool).
- Renaming a vindicator “Johnny” makes it assault all close by mobs, besides different illagers.
- Renaming a rabbit “Toast” offers the rabbit a brand new texture, as an Easter egg to xyzen420’s girlfriend’s lacking rabbit.
- Spiders, cave spiders, slimes, silverfish and illusioners are a number of the few mobs that may see players behind partitions.
- Cats and villagers can see gamers with the invisibility impact.
- There are a lot of blocks within the sport that don’t take up a full block, and mobs truly see many of those as full blocks.
- ↑ wikipedia:Mob (gaming) or a single entity in a bunch when referring to Minecraft.
- ↑ “In the mob vote this year, the squide you vo…I mean, the moo you vote fo…I mean the MOB you vote for – is going to be added. But what about the other two? The other two will go back to the ideas pile. They might come in the future, they might never happen. Choose wisely!” – @_Ulraf_, October 1, 2020
- ↑ “It will not be like last year where one biome gets updated but the rest don’t- instead the vote is just choosing which biome will get updated first but all of those biomes will get updated.” – u/HelenAngel on Reddit, September 17, 2018
- ↑ “We haven’t forgot about them :)” – @_LadyAgnes in response to “What happened to last year’s?” – @PancakeIdentity
- ↑ “For the mobs that don’t win we will add them in the future if we think they add lots to the game at that point. So they are not gone forever, but also not promised because we want to make sure we add what we believe adds most value at that time :)” – @_LadyAgnes
- ↑ MC-128249 – comment from cojomax99
- ↑ MC-183764
- ↑ “@xyZenTV The skin appears only when you name the rabbit Toast using a name tag, it isn’t in the random pool:” – @TheMogMiner, July 1, 2014